Phoenix Group - Redhill, Nottinghamshire
The Phoenix Group, based in Redhill, Nottingham, was only formed in 2007 and by 2010 it had become the UK’s largest cold pressed seed oil producer. Its contract packing business now handles millions of food products each year that are worth tens of millions of pounds.
We developed a number of bespoke Android apps and integrated web management apps to help them manage their cold pressed seed oil production lines
The Phoenix Group required a bespoke Android app to be installed on tablets which production line operatives could use to manage the various stages on the production line.
The questions that appear on the Android app should be managed through a secure, bespoke web app and all data, photos and signatures captured on the Android app should appear in a management reports section on a secure web app. The solution we developed provided the following features:
- A secure web app for management to set up production runs, check sheets and questions and view reports captured on the Android app
- A secure customer portal web app where customers can view production line reports
- Record when a production line is started, finished or stopped for breaks or breakdowns
- On the bespoke Android app list all tasks needed to be performed by operatives during a production run
- Provide a simple "one click" process on the Android app for operatives to answer questions according to business logic as defined by management on the web app
- Take photos
- Capture signatures
Phoenix Group production operatives are happy using the Android app as it is very user-friendly and much less hassle than their previous paper-based quality control procedures. Management and customers are happy because of the time efficiency and the app solution is making supply chains smoother and supplier-customer relationships stronger.