Gateway College is a sixth form college in Leicester, Leicestershire with around 1,450 students on roll each year studying mostly GCE AS and A Levels or BTEC/OCR vocational programmes.
We developed a bespoke, secure web app for the management of student reporting!
Gateway College was looking for digital solution to achieve the following:
- Allow subject teachers to enter student reports
- Allow personal tutors to enter tutor reports
- Schedule and record one-to-one tutorials
- Set student targets with automatic reminders if not met
- Allow staff to flag up at-risk students and/or put them on report
- Manage predicted grades for UCAS applications
- Allow staff to know when a student has entered or left College
- Send SMS messages to all students in subject groups, tutor groups, faculties or whole college
- Allow staff to view all students in their class and be able to drill down to a snapshot of their attendance, student reports and ILP (individual learning plan)
- Give management a digital dashboard to view various College metrics
The app made it very easy for staff to compile their student reports and view full student details and history whether they were in College or working from home.
New Media Aid develops business-critical bespoke applications for Gateway College and we are happy to recommend them for bespoke application development.
Paul Taylor, Network And Corporate Data Manager