What is Google I/O 2021?
Google I/O is an event where app developers around the world who are interested in Google technology learn about the latest product releases, get insights directly from the Google experts developing the products, and partake in hands-on learning sessions. New Media Aid are serious app developers in Hitchin, Hertfordshire (only 25 minutes from Central London) that specialise in Android app development (a Google technology) and therefore we always make time to immerse ourselves in Google I/O events.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic there was no Google I/O in 2020 and the 2021 developer event was held virtually from May 18 to 20 2021
All content is virtual and this year’s key content is broken down as follows:
- The Google and Developer Keynotes focus on company and product news and can be re-watched on demand.
- Technical Sessions focus on product announcements and how to adopt new features. Sessions will be scheduled throughout the three-day event and will be available on demand.
- Workshops and Ask Me Anything Sessions (AMAs) are interactive and must be reserved to participate. Workshops are instructor-led with Q&A encouraged, while AMAs are an opportunity to ask Google product experts questions.
- Meetups are casual, open, facilitated forums hosted by Google that enable attendees to connect with each other.
- Interactive Sandboxes are available in I/O Adventure, enabling developers to try Google’s new products and features through a hands-on experience.
- Codelabs and Learning Pathways are always-on, self-guided learning experiences that help you adopt Google technology.
As serious software engineers and app developers with decades of experience in bespoke app development, we are particularly focussed on the Codelabs and Learning Pathways. Some examples from Google I/O 2021 are shown below.